Malga Riondera si an agritourism and a small family-run farm in the mountains of Trentino.
The history of our Malga goes back to 1600. Through the centuries, it survived Cimbrian invasions, Napoleonic armies, global wars and it finally arrived to our family.
From the ’70s Andrea has been taking care of the Malga and began opening it to hospitality. His passion was so contagious that her daughter Alice decided in 2012 to join him, dedicating her work to agricolture and farm animals.
With our activities we promote the values of environmental sustainability, the valorization of the territory, high-quality life and non-violence.
For this reason we run our business following these principles:
- Sustainable tourism. We offer our guests the opportunity to immerse themselves into an authentic farm life, where they can go back to living everyday following the rithm of nature (we don’t have wifi or tv but only woods, meadows, books, wooden toys). We also organize activities to promote the knowledge of the surrounding territory, guided tours, music and folk dances…
- Natural agricolture. Taking inspiration from synergic agricolture and permaculture, in our fields we decided not to use chemical products, and to work mainly by hand, in the effort to maintain the natural balance of the land. The animals are breeded with hay and grass, kitchen waste and, when necessary, organic animal feed. We commit everyday to respect the natural rithms of every animal and plant.
- We seek to offer to our guests genuine products of which we know the origin. We try to selfproduce as much as we can and everything else is bought from local organic farmers or from the fair trade market.
We also promote environmental sustainability:
- in 2007 we restored the Malga following the principles of bio-building. We used ecological materials and certified wood (FSC)
- we use mainly certified biodegradable detergents
- we try to reduce as much as possible the use of disposable plastic
- for electricity and heating we use renewable sources such as wood, solar panels, photovoltaic panels
- to compensate our inevitable environmental impact, we donate 5% of our income to projects around the world that protect forests and indigenous populations